Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > I've loaded a porsche update and when i ...
I've loaded a porsche update and when i put my SD card back into the MD802 it doesn't work (dead) any ideas please?

2620 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-19 15:58:00

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Norv
    2016-10-17 11:24:00

Since I loaded an update on my SD card, the reader doesn't work...Please could someone advise?

Many thanks Norv

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    juansbernal

2016-10-18 00:24:22

I happen to have the same problem. I purchased and received the same equipment on saturday. I registered and updated it today (it could be turned on via usb and displayed menu) and after update it just stopped working. If I remove SD card and connect it to usb port, the display lights up asking for SD card. I insert updated SD card, and usb port fails to recognise equipment. When connected to car it does not start either. S/N ME8816001090. NEW.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Andrb

2016-10-18 03:28:43 (Reply to:juansbernal)

I have the same problem. Registered and updated and now the unit will not power on with the SD card installed. 

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    schigara

2016-10-18 17:53:18

The first update is a system program Update 5.04 which you are forced to download first before any car updates. The Sys 5.04 is the problem. If all you downloaded was the Sys 5.04 update, you can go into the scan folder on the sd card and delete all the files from Authorization.txt through Version.txt. Do no delete the folders, just the files. Now restart the Autel update program and let it re-authorize the card.

If you also downloaded any car updates after installing the Sys 5.04 update, deleting the files in the scan folder and re-authorizing the sd card will not work. 

I have already emailed US Autel support about this problem and am waiting for a solution.

The first thing anyone should do when they first get their Autel is to create a backup of the SD card and save it on their computer. DO NOT do any updates before you backup the SD card!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Andrb

2016-10-18 21:17:45 (Reply to:Norv)

I emailed Autel and this was there response- 
    Hello Sir,

Please format the SD card and download the System Program V5.04 only to the SD card. Then insert the card to the tool and power it on to do reset. After the reset, take the SD card out and connect it to the PC Suite to download vehicle software program again. Please let me know if there is still any problem. Thanks!

Best Regards
    Amy Lan

I did format the SD card. Then opened the Autel updater and loaded the V5.04. Took out the SD card and put in the MD802 and powered up. Worked. Put the SD back into the PC and downloaded some of the updated I wanted to use. Took out the SD card and put it back into the MD802 and it worked as normal. Hope this helps. 

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD

2016-10-19 15:58:00 (Reply to:Norv)

I've had similar issues after running an update.  I found and posted what fixed my issue.  Here's a link to what worked for me:

http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/MaxiDiag%20Elite/22175.jhtml?logoTypeId=108&typeName=MD802

Total1 Pages